198 children of prisoners in Zimbabwe continue to
receive life-changing care because of loving sponsors like you!
Prison Fellowship Zimbabwe experienced a challenging year due to
the country’s political and economic instability, and the death of
long-standing executive director of Prison Fellowship Zimbabwe,
Peter Manianike. While deeply felt by all, his legacy lives through the
incredible work of the program staff, and God remains faithful.
With your help and prayers, we remain steadfast in our commitment
to breaking the cycle of crime in Zimbabwe.
Our Rescue Plan In Action
With your help, we pair each child in our program with a dedicated caseworker,
and ensure they receive support in these four essential areas. Here’s how you helped this year:
- 72.5% of children in the program now have birth certificates or national ID equivalent (ongoing goal)
- 100% of children received home visits and were placed with an approved caregiver
- This year’s Angel Tree theme was “Child Safety, Our Priority.” This uncovered a variety of challenges, needs, questions, and living concerns among caregivers that the team was able to proactively address and begin to work towards reconciling one-on-one
- 110 children and their families participated in health trainings
- 45 children, who were especially needy, received additional monthly nutritional support
- More than 90% of school-age children were registered in school
- 90% of school-age children are progressing through school, despite the country’s harsh economic conditions
- 100% of school-age children in-need received school support through uniforms, books and other supplies
- 100% of families were connected with a local church
- 100% of children were served by a caring Christian caseworker
- 157 children were supported to visit their parent in prison
Changing Lives, For Good
You have already given so much hope to children in Zimbabwe, making way for a brighter future
and helping to restore their trust in people—and in a heavenly Father who loves them.