You helped give life-changing care to 693 children of prisoners in
Zambia in 2018!
Your support helped grow the children of prisoners
program in Zambia by 75 percent in 2018,
all while the team maintained excellent quality of
care to the children and families.
Prison Fellowship Zambia exceeded the majority of its goals for 2018. Their program continues to improve as they intentionally and strategically engage with important child-focused national events throughout the year, which they attend with delegations of older children.
Our Rescue Plan In Action
With your help, we pair each child in our program with a dedicated caseworker,
and ensure they receive support in these four essential areas. Here’s how you helped this year:
- 86% of children in the program now have birth certificates
- 100% of children received home visits and were placed with an approved caregiver
- 263 children and 273 caregivers attended a special safety training
- 683 of children in the program are now fully vaccinated (ongoing goal)
- 428 children who were in need received de-worming treatment for parasites
- 420 children and families, who were especially needy, received additional monthly nutritional support
- 334 children received health trainings about the importance of hand washing, caring for one’s body, and other critical health information
- 479 of school-age children were registered in school (ongoing goal)
- 100% of school-age children, who were in need, received school support through uniforms, books and, other supplies
- 100% of school-age children were confirmed to be progressing through school
- 100% of families are connected with a local church and participating in Sunday school, Bible studies, junior church choirs, and other church related activities
- 100% of children are served by a caring Christian caseworker
- 498 children attended a resiliency building event with their families and peers
Changing Lives, For Good
You have already given so much hope to children in Zambia, making way for a brighter future
and helping to restore their trust in people—and in a heavenly Father who loves them.