You helped give life-changing care to
691 children of prisoners in Rwanda in 2018!
Your support helped the children of prisoners program in
Rwanda grow by 74 percent last year
The focus on spiritual development of children through Sunday School campaigns, localized community events, and a systematic focus on helping families improve livelihood through the Farming God’s Way initiative, a sustainable skills development program in partnership with ARC, are major highlights of the program in 2018.
Our Rescue Plan In Action
With your help, we pair each child in our program with a dedicated caseworker,
and ensure they receive support in these four essential areas. Here’s how you helped this year:
- 100% of children in the program now have birth certificates or a national equivalent ID
- 100% of children received home visits and were placed with an approved caregiver
- 73% of children in the program are now fully vaccinated (ongoing goal)
- 395 children who were in need received de-worming treatment for parasites
- 432 children and families, who were especially needy, received additional monthly nutritional support
- 223 children received health trainings about the importance of hand-washing, caring for one’s body, and other critical health information
- 95% of school-age children were registered in school
- 100% of school-age children that were in need received special educational support through uniforms, books and other supplies
- 100% of families are connected with a local church and participating in Sunday school, Bible studies, junior church choirs, and other church related activities
- 100% of children were served by a caring Christian caseworker
- 551 children attended a resiliency building event
Changing Lives, for Good
You have already given so much hope to children in Rwanda, making way for a brighter future
and helping to restore their trust in people—and in a heavenly Father who loves them.