You helped give life-changing care to 883 children of
prisoners in Colombia in 2018!
Because of supporters like you, the children of prisoners
program grew by 50 percent in Colombia last year.
God has provided for, and strengthened our team,
who are serving children across five regions.
Prison Fellowship Colombia successfully enrolled another 340 children into the program in 2018. The team worked hard all year to advocate for the rights of the children in the program with authorities in a number of districts, securing interest and support for the program from the highest levels of government. Through a unique partnership with a local university, advanced psycho-social care is being provided to severely at-risk children and families in the program.
Our Rescue Plan In Action
With your help, we pair each child in our program with a dedicated caseworker,
and ensure they receive support in these four essential areas. Here’s how you helped this year:
- 870 children in the program now have a birth certificate or national ID equivalent
- 100% of children received home visits and were placed with an approved caregiver
- 380 children and 558 caregivers across seven districts received child rights and safety training
- 801 children who were in need of additional vaccinations received them
- 478 children who, were in need, received de-worming treatment for parasites, as well as water purifiers and sanitation materials
- 729 families, who were especially needy, received additional monthly nutritional support
- 439 children were supported to receive a health check via local clinics
- 487 children received health and hygiene training (ongoing goal)
- 751 school-age children were registered in school (ongoing goal)
- 450 children, who were in need, received school support through uniforms, books, and other supplies
- 75% of children were confirmed to be progressing through school, and the team is working with the families and teachers on the best way to support those who are struggling
- 97% of children and their families participated in a resiliency building event
- All children were served by a caring Christian caseworker
- 529 children were supported to visit their parent in prison
- The team is working with 60 churches across the five regions
Changing Lives, for Good
You have already given so much hope to children in Colombia making way for a brighter future
and helping to restore their trust in people—and in a heavenly Father who loves them.