You helped give life-changing care to 1,211 children of
prisoners in Cambodia in 2018!
More than 250 children were added to
Prison Fellowship Cambodia’s program this year!
Prison Fellowship Cambodia exceeded nearly all of their program goals in 2018, only falling short due to the increase in the opportunity to register even more children into the program at the end of the year. The General Department of Prisons and the Ministry of Social Affairs has been actively involved and supportive of the program, before and after the national election, indicating widespread bi-partisan support for the ministry and its engagement with this vulnerable population.
Our Rescue Plan In Action
With your help, we pair each child in our program with a dedicated caseworker,
and ensure they receive support in these four essential areas. Here’s how you helped this year:
- 82% of children in the program now have birth certificates (ongoing goal)
- 100% of children received home visits, and were placed with an approved caregiver
- 752 children and 560 caregivers attended a special safety training
- 536 of children in the program are now fully vaccinated (ongoing goal)
- 512 children who were in need received de-worming treatment for parasites
- 853 children and families, who were especially needy, received additional monthly nutritional support
- 575 children received health trainings about the importance of hand-washing, caring for one’s body and other critical health informations
- 13 families in need were provided with latrines and now have access to water and sanitation
- 954 of school-age children were registered in school (ongoing goal)
- 844 of school-age children, who were in need, received educational support through uniforms, books, and other supplies
- 922 of school-age children were confirmed to be progressing through school, despite economic and social barriers
- 685 children were connected with a local church, more than three times the goal despite religious scrutiny of caseworkers
- 100% of children were served by a caring Christian caseworker
- 955 children attended a resiliency building event with their families and peers
Changing Lives, for Good
You have already given so much hope to children in Cambodia, making way for a brighter future
and helping to restore their trust in people—and in a heavenly Father who loves them.