More than 200 children of prisoners in Zimbabwe continue to
receive life-changing care because of loving sponsors like you!
For Prison Fellowship Zimbabwe, 2019 was a stretching year. While the country worked to recover from devastation wrought by Cyclone Idai, the organization also experienced a major shift in executive governance. Amidst unthinkable setbacks, Prison Fellowship Zimbabwe’s Children of Prisoners Program team showed incredible resilience and continued to provide life-giving support and care to the children and families of prisoners all year long.
Prison Fellowship Zimbabwe deepened their relationships with church partners throughout the year, providing local, community-centered connection points for children to receive regular emotional and spiritual nourishment. Dedicated caseworkers closely monitored each child’s educational needs and saw 100% of school-aged children enrolled in the Children of Prisoners Program progress to the next grade!
Thank you for your continued prayers and support for this team – they have built a strong foundation and the future is bright for all the children you help them serve.
Our Rescue Plan In Action
With your help, we pair each child in our program with a dedicated caseworker,
and ensure they receive support in these four essential areas. Here’s how you helped this year:
- 80% of children in the program now have birth certificates or national ID equivalent (ongoing goal)
- 100% of children were monitored, and confirmed to be living with an approved caregiver
- 161 children and 133 caregivers participated in child safety training during the year
- 161 children and 133 caregivers participated in health trainings during the year
- 72 children, who were especially needy, received additional monthly nutritional support
- 100% of children received a health check during the year
- 100% of school-age children were registered in school
- 100% of enrolled children are progressing through school, despite the country’s harsh economic conditions
- 184 school-age children received additional school support through uniforms, books and other supplies
- 100% of children and their families were connected with a local church
- 92 children were supported to visit their parent in prison this year
- 100% of children were served by a caring Christian caseworker
- 161 children attended at least one resiliency building event throughout the year
Changing Lives, For Good
You have already given so much hope to children in Zimbabwe, making way for a brighter future
and helping to restore their trust in people—and in a heavenly Father who loves them.