Mission, Vision, Values
To transform the lives of prisoners, their families, and victims through a global network of ministry partners.
To break the cycle of crime and restore lives, worldwide, through Jesus’s love.
At Prison Fellowship International our five Core Values are more than just words. They’re our way of life.
We understand that organizations with clearly defined values—intentionally implemented in the culture—help us act with a higher purpose. As we grow, we strive to continually develop a culture that serves you well, as you help us fulfill our vision to break the cycle of crime and restore lives, worldwide, through Jesus’s love.
We Are Authentic
We mean what we say and prove it through our actions.
- We are truthful. There is no separation between what we say and how we act.
- We are reliable. We do what we say we will do.
- We are direct without being offensive, striving to have constructive disagreements that lead to productive outcomes.
We Are Growing
A growth mindset drives our team to remain effective and relevant.
- We are lifelong learners who own, build, and grow our capabilities.
- We value humility and welcome new ways of thinking, working, and creating.
- We grow from our mistakes and demonstrate kindness and forgiveness.
We Value Relationship
People are the heart of our work.
- We believe people are more important than projects and we respect and care for those around us.
- We are team players and help each other.
- We value collaboration, togetherness, and unity in Jesus Christ.
- We respect the diversity of Christian traditions, history, and culture.
- We celebrate international context and character and seek to strengthen regional and global cooperation that is grounded in independent and indigenous leadership with common vision and purpose.
We Are Proactive
We turn vision and passion into action.
- We value work expressed as service to other and are committed to develop and implementing culturally relevant programs and services that demonstrate respect, dignity, and the worth of people as those created and loved by God.
- We aren’t just dreamers, we’re doers. We turn our vision and passion into action.
- We are confident in our abilities to have the courage to take risks.
- We see problems as opportunities and act quickly to identify solutions.
We Are Accountable
Without accountability, values hold no meaning.
- We take ownership of our work and life balance to stay happy, healthy, and effective.
- We strive for excellence; we hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards and live as people ready to account for how we steward our gifts.
- We embrace the core values of Prison Fellowship International and recognize them in action.